Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holosync Login/Join 
Picture of Katy
posted
Does anyone know if the holosync method of meditation is o.k. for Christians to do?

http://www.centerpointe.com/

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about it, Katy. Are you thinking of trying it? Do you know someone who's been using it?

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I have been thinking of trying it, yes. Someone told me about it and said it turned their life around - from anxious thoughts and too many thoughts while meditating... which is my problem too.

I have practiced Centering Prayer, and other types of meditation for maybe over 30 yrs! and have seldom experienced peace from too many thoughts, which, for me, is also one of the symptoms of OCD, which I was diagnosed with.

You can find out about it by going to the link I gave above.

Katy

Posts: 538 | Location: Sarasota, Florida | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Kathy, yes I do know about Holosync and other similar programs. I used several of these methods of meditations for over ten years. I would advise caution, especially if you tend to be very senitive as I was. Sorry I am on the run and cannot get into to much detail, I just noticed your post and had to respond. Thank you.

Posts: 12 | Location: Meriden Ct. | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Christopher,

Oh dear.. Yes I am very sensitive. If you get a chance will you tell me why the caution?

Thanks for the reply!

Katy

posted Hide Post
Hi Katy, I do not mean to alarm you. For the most part, my overall experience, in the end, has been very good using sound technology. The challenge is the in between. It has been over two years since I have stopped using all sound as a way to meditate. For me, it is just not necessary anymore. Originally, I used several sound methods and settled in with Synchronicity (Master Charles). Spent time at his Ashram, and then moved onto Centerpointe. In fact, Owner Bill Harris (owner of Centerpoint) was a student of Master Charles and Harris� program is identical in many ways which was another reason I was attracted to Centerpointe. I spent the next two and half years using holosync.
I have always been more on the sensitive side and the very first time I meditated with sound technology, I could feel something moving inside of my body. Later I learned it was Kundalini energy. Over the next several years I went through some very scary and trying times dealing with the huge amounts of energy flow and all the baggage and clearing that came up for me as a result of the very deep levels of theta and delta frequencies used in the program discs. Just some of what I dealt with (good and not so good) is as follows� In the beginning, headaches and migraines, shaking and vibrating, violent at times as energy continually hit blockages. The support from Synchronicity was very adequate to get me through. Disturbing images while meditating, and some very amazing as well, interruptions in my sleep cycles, deep levels of Bliss (sometimes too deep) and many other more subtle and not so subtle disruptions to daily life. However, I did understand that a lot of this was necessary, but not everyone will have these same experiences. So I pressed on. After two or three years these things began to settle down. As I began to use Centerpionte, (Holosync) another very powerful technology, the energy began to push into my head and crown area with greater frequency. I had many wonderful and frightening breakthroughs. Now the energy would move up and down, from the groin to the head. It seemed to have a mind of its own. I had to be careful about everything, not being around people who I felt had very dense energies, staying out of crowds whenever possible, I could not stand to hear profanity or watch violence on the TV (still the case today). My Physical energy became severely limited, climbing a latter; walking down the street, anything that required Physical energy would cause me to crash. I would have to lie down for at least an hour or longer to recover. The deep delta frequencies and the energy in my head, seemed to fling open the doors to �other worldly� phenomena which haunted me for over two years. Now I was seeing things at night in my room that had nothing but bad intentions and was intent on scaring me out of my wits. I became so sensitive to subtle energies, to my environment and people around me that every day functioning was becoming almost impossible. (Now I understand why some people go into seclusion or live in Monasteries) At one point, toward the end, I teetered on the brink of a complete breakdown, while driving with my wife one night. With quick thinking she pulled me through the ordeal. A large helping of Chinese food to ground the energy and stabilize my system was a great help. These are just a few of my experiences over the last ten years or so. Through all of this, the good people at Centerpointe could offer very little in the form of help. It seemed that they had never dealt with anyone with such severe side affects. I had to learn to handle all this on my own. I learned much and came out on the other end in good shape. Today, I still have very active Kundalini, (not out of control) I sit in stillness, once or twice a week and try to pray on a daily basis. My everyday experience, much of the time, is a deep level of peace, stillness and a quite mind, with a focus on Jesus Christ, which is ultimately what saved me in the end.

Katy, I have shared these things not so much to scare you, but maybe to help you make a more informed decision about sound technology, and some of the pitfalls that may or may not await. If the going gets tough you can always slowdown or stop the process altogether as I finally did. In my opinion, I think this technology is really effective for most, but for some, it pushes too fast and too hard. You have to be ready to deal with the fall out. Being prepared with a good support system can be very helpful, (ie. Supportive spouse, as in my case, an understanding friend, and sometimes Boss, read about others experiences on line etc.) in the end, when things got dicey, Centerpointe couldn�t help me.

I hope this helps. In the peace of Christ, take care.

Christopher

Posts: 12 | Location: Meriden Ct. | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Katy,

I had been meaning to respond to you several times in previous thread discussions and tell you how sorry I am to hear of your terrible struggles--especially the "hell" that you lived through. Are you still struggling with those night paralyses?

I don't know anything about holosynch, and I am grateful to Christopher for sharing so intimately about his experiences.

However, given what I can tell, I want to add my "conservative" Christian and psychotherapy viewpoint. Basically, my concern is that with holosynch one is messing with the nervous system in a contrived, artificial way. The brain waves occur naturally to regulate the body and mind's needs for balanced functioning, arousal, concentration, sleep, etc.

An over-active mind, OCD, anxiety, etc. can often be helped by therapy, prayer, as well as active giving in one's community. Sitting quietly can seem like the worst solution, I know, as the thoughts can get louder and louder and repeat themselves non-stop. And anti-depressants are frequently prescribed for OCD, but this may only be a superficial and temporary solution.

Have you tried any form of psychotherapy or joining a prayer group that focusses on healing prayer? I know you were involved in some prayer groups in the past, but is there anybody in your community now with whom you could confide?

much love to you,
in our Lord,

Shasha

Posts: 352 | Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: 24 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally wouldn't mess around with anything that attempts to artificially create a brainwave set -- even a "contemplative" or creative one. Although it might give one a temporary glimpse of enjoyable states of consciousness and might not even be too dangerous, the fact remains that the "vehicle" to arrive there would be needed again and again -- perhaps in increasing doses. Using something like that to get one out of a migraine state would be another matter -- a medical intervention, of sorts. As with everything, one must keep an eye on what one is doing, and why.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher:
[qb] I had to be careful about everything, not being around people who I felt had very dense energies, staying out of crowds whenever possible, I could not stand to hear profanity or watch violence on the TV (still the case today). My Physical energy became severely limited, climbing a latter; walking down the street, anything that required Physical energy would cause me to crash. I would have to lie down for at least an hour or longer to recover. [/qb]
Christopher,

I already have all those things, and haven't used holosync.

Thanks for sharing all that.. I'll respond to more of your post later.

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
Phil,

It seems to me it could be likened to music.. Music changes our brain wave patterns too. Haven't you read "The Mozart Effect"? :-)

Really, it's not important that I try the holosync, I was just curious about it, hoping it might help me.

Thanks for your reply.

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shasha:
[qb] Are you still struggling with those night paralyses?

Shasha,

I still have the sleep disorder(s), but with the medication, Lexapro, I experiene it much less frequently; more like once in 2 months, rather than (sometimes) twice in one night!

Katy

Picture of Katy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shasha:
[qb]
Have you tried any form of psychotherapy or joining a prayer group that focusses on healing prayer? I know you were involved in some prayer groups in the past, but is there anybody in your community now with whom you could confide?

[/qb]
Shasha,

Yes, I have been to numerous therapists in the past, but not specifically for OCD. The Dr. that gave that diagnosis did prescribe medication. This was about 15 years ago.

No, I am not involved in any kind of prayer groups any more, nor any kind of community in which I can confide, except for a couple of forums, like this one.

Really, with my sensitive nature, when I don't take good care of myself, it seems ALL my "disorders" act up. When I am able to take VERY good care of myself (and that includes a LOT of extreme self care per my former HSP therapist) I can feel very good and peaceful. But those ideal conditions rarely happen.. like they say, s - - - happens.

Thanks much for your concern, Shasha.

Katy