Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey u guys Login/Join 
<Mr.Guest>
posted
Sometimes I feel that this group of so-called "Christians" need to be brought up to date on reality. In case you havn't noticed, every single person who has ever been born has died. That includes you brainless Jesus freaks.

To verify my statement, I suggest that you go out to your nearest cemetary and look at all the graves with all the crosses and references to Jesus carved on the marble headstones promising the faithful a place in Heaven. Then stand in the middle of them and shout very loud, "HOW'S IT GOING YOU GUYS?" The answer you hear is the message from your lord. Quit believing lies things that have long been proven lies.
There are those of you that will jump up in my face and use words that are insulting even to your own god if he existed.

Pretend that Jesus was right. If so, I doubt if any of you would qualify under his restrictions. Oh, I know it's on faith and unconditional. That's the oldest loop hole in the world. Most of you are expert on Bible loop holes.

God's ways are different than mans ways, Gods timing is not as mans timing. God works in mysterious ways. You all cover for his inadequate actions.

If you have a child and you tell him to clean his room. When you go to check it it is not clean. He says, "I work in mysterious ways", my timing is not like your timing. My clean is different than your clean.
Face it. You guys are idiots.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mr.Guest. For that very thoughtful, insightful and educated description of your observation.

I am sure many here will grow and learn from your helpful contribution.

Thank you for sharing and doing your small part to make the world a better place.

Take care and be well.

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Virya108 /Pauline
posted Hide Post
Will Mr. Guest
at our request
step up to bat
once more...

For your menacing words
while not sweet
do a purpose
serve.

Any honest soul hears
your voice within
somewhere in their
hearts...

But choose to try
to love instead
of staying in fear...
and lost.

Some souls may need
to believe in light
when in the dark
they are.

And belief can be
life saving indeed
for hope brings light
to love.

Peace, Love and Joy to you Mr Guest

Posts: 197 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 18 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Pauline:

I find it curious you want to indulge this guy, who apparently only has ill intent, and yet you won't look seriously at the things Phil is pointing out to you.

And I don't think a poetic love song is an appropriate response here . . . .

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Might I add, another prophetic atheist?

Is this how they fill the void of purpose in their lives? By trying to remove purpose from others? That sounds like a very positive approach to life.

I can't wait to "deprogram" myself and be so happy and positive in life as <Mr.Guest> is.

Another atheism.about.com bootcamp graduate?

Posts: 470 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I don't think a poetic love song is an appropriate response here . . . .
But maybe it is though? Maybe he is coming here searching for answers or compassion. Because I wouldn't think a satisfied atheist would feel the need to preach. It sounds like someone who is not quiet convinced of his own ideas.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Pauline:
I find it curious you want to indulge this guy, who apparently only has ill intent, and yet you won't look seriously at the things Phil is pointing out to you.

And I don't think a poetic love song is an appropriate response here . .
Dear WC,

What exactly is "not appropriate" about it?

It is possible you know, that we might have a slightly different understanding of Christs' message to us...

Love one another
Turn the other cheek
Love your enemies
Love casts out fear
Judge not, least ye be judged

If we are all ulitimately part of the Body of Christ, and I don't just believe we are, I KNOW we are, then it only makes sense to me that all of us, in our darkness and our light, have a voice for some part of that body. Part of my creed or dogma, which was very likley fostered by being raised Catholic, is the belief that everyone is ultimately wanting to be loved and to be loving, because love is essentially all there is, ultimately. In my experience, love really does cast out fear and darkness, and when we notice ourselves resisting or recoiling what we percieve as "evil or bad" out of fear, it is an oppurtunity to open our heart bigger and wider, to accept....in other words.

How can anyone or anything grow in the light of love, if those who are claiming to be the representatives of "the light shining in the darkness" cannot "BE the light shining in the darkness". For me, it's not so much about preaching or sharing the gift of Christ, though that definitley has it's time and place, but it is ususualy much better received after someone notices that "WOW, I want some of the bread this person is feeding on" because they can see, hear, feel, smell and taste, there is something different about them.

So for me, being a Christian is first and foremost, much more about BEING Christ-like to others, and we all do that in different ways. I have find poetry to be very much a gift of the Holy Spirit. And for some divnely mysterious reason, I find this is particularly inspired by those times when I or someone else seems to be really hurting or acting hateful.

We don't know anything about what Mr. Guest has experienced in his life. He might have been ritually abused by more twisted, confused, soul then he might be,.maybe even by a disturbed, fanatic, fundementalist Christian....or atheist..Who knows?

I don't think Christ ever intended His church to be some closed circle of "we're ok, but your not ok until you accept what and who we believe in " I think that is more a form of "chicken-hearted Christianity", the kind that might possibly want to deny Christ 3x's ..maybe.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of these, that you do unto me"...

What part of that little pearl of wisdom makes you think Mr. Guest is not one of these?

So my equally curious question to you WC would be, what does his ill intent have to do with your ability or willingness to love him, no matter which mask he or anyone else is wearing? Which mask are you hiding behind?

Meanwhie here's a little poetic love song just for you WC. I wrote it several years ago while comtemplating my own and a freinds' masks, after we had each rudely ripped a mask off of each other. it was the beginning of a sort of "Dark Night of the Soul" for both of us. We had a hard time forgiving each other, but today we honor one another as one of the best spiritual teachers each of us ever had. Hopefully, it will help you understand more about where I am coming from and why I write some of the things I do. Hope you like it..

Peace, Love and Joy...Pauline

Unmasking the Shadow

Shadows appear when a Light is cast
upon an image through which Light cannot pass.
Behind our Masks, Loves� Light is blocked
and wearing them serves Us not.

For beneath our Masks, we all are Light,
and from the Light of the Soul, all are Bright.
The Masks we wear hide our fear and pain
until we remove them, fear and pain remain.

Masks come in all personas, tones and moods,
often polar forms of hidden wounds we elude.
The deeper the wounds, the more Brilliant Disguise,
The longer we wear them, the bigger the lies.

Layers and layers we wear at one time
till we convince even ourselves of our lines.
Most friends see through them and love us anyway,
others charmed by Masks, want them to stay.

To forcefully remove another�s Mask is cruel.....
Spirit guides Soul to unbury its� Jewels,
and knowing the pain the Soul then feels,
sends Messengers of Light, with Love that is Real.

Soul then grieves deeply feeling so exposed
realizing what it cost to put on the show,
but through the grief, into Joy and Light
Soul starts to shine like a Star in the Night.

In Truth, Soul knows....We�re One, We�re Connected
how if another doesn�t shine, All are affected.
The Souls true purpose is then revealed
to be a Messenger of Light in Love that is Real.

Pauline 1/27/2000

Posts: 197 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 18 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Very well put, Virya108 /Pauline.

Those are the fundamentals of Christianity!

Lest we forget the most important commandment? Love!

Sing on Virya!

Amen! Smiler

posted Hide Post
I thought your own comments showed evidence of much spritual stealth Eric, your faith is much stonger then you seem to think..Perhaps because you have allowed yourself to give full voice to questioning it..

Love Pauline

Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
1 Thessalonians 4:9b-12

�for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
People inadvertently tell you all about themselves if we just listen hard enough.

quote:
There are those of you that will jump up in my face and use words that are insulting even to your own god if he existed.
That is the response he is expecting. Yet, it is the exact opposite one he should receive from a Christian.

It may also be the exact opposite response that his heart really wants to hear. Smiler

Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
I didn't know if he was one or not, Phil.

Has he posted here before?

If not couldn't he be searching?

posted Hide Post
That's such an interesting and amusing link Phil..

I never knew these forum things were such a "sub-culture" with it's own secret code like language...It's a bit of a cult isn't it?

I am finding the internet to be a very liberating form of communication, though somewhat compulsive in a creative way. It allows our relating to get to much deeper issues then people might otherwise, if they were in person, where social conventions can get in the way of our deeper selves.

It's mind-blowing really. I remember the 1st computer I ever saw in college was as big as a house...And look at us now...

It makes me think that the next step in communication, evolution wise, will be telepathy...maybe even within our life time....Which is all the more reason to know how to quiet the mind and to be mindful of what we think about, and all the more reason be careful about who we put in charge of runing things and why we put them there.

Anyway, Thanks! I'll share that link with some friends.

posted Hide Post
Right, there's an Internet subculture with all kinds of roles, Pauline.

I'm closing this thread, as I don't take trolls seriously. If "Mr. Guest" wants to register and join a discussion, that's fine. We'll see how that goes. Other posts from him/her of a trollish nature will be promptly deleted.

Edit: see http://tinyurl.com/d39zw . Troll!

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post