Find
Notify
Tools

Health benefits of blueberries Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great. I'd heard of blueberries' health benefits, but this really makes it clear.

I wonder about mullberries? We have a tree with loads of them, and harvest them every year.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Health benefits for blueberries, I like that. Tasty blueberry muffins, smothering the top of a cheesecake, yummy, or just nibbling them is a delight. They are a beautiful bush as well with a brilliant red fall color giving red maple trees some competition. Smiler

Posts: 571 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 20 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Yes, they are good in muffins, but the recommended intake seems to be about a half a cup a day. They're not cheap, and only available a few months out of the year. Some health food stores carry them year round in dried form, but these are expensive, too. Frozen are available in a berry-medley for smoothies. And, you can find capsules of blueberry extract, such as found on

www.pappanature.com

posted Hide Post
Research has shown blueberries shrink cancerous tumors and prevent cancer development, reduce cholesterol levels, reverse memory loss and build strong bones..

-------------
Kyle Leon Wiki

Posts: 5 | Location: United States | Registered: 17 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kathleen Adams>
posted
Well mulberries have lots of benefits like Cures Certains Diseases, Prevents Cancers, Reduces Risk Of Blood Clots And Strokes, Cleanses Blood, Cleanses Liver And Strengthens Kidney, helpful to lose fat and many more..

Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Kathleen, and welcome to the forum.

Posts: 3958 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post