Notify
Tools

Tai Chi benefits Login/Join

<w.c.>
posted

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Here are some other studies showing either increased bone mineral density among post-menopausal women , or a decreased rate of loss:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en...&itool=pubmed_docsum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/en...&itool=pubmed_docsum

posted Hide Post
Very interesting!

I'm also impressed that you read these kinds of articles. I sure hope my doctor does, too. Big Grin

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
Phil:

I just completed learning the steps to one of the basic Tai Chi forms; this form takes about 4-5 minutes to cycle through. So I do 3-6 in the morning, and three in the evening. Not only are there benefits to bone density, but an aerobic effect strangely enough. The Chinese would say Tai Chi is both dispersing and consoladating, whereas western forms of exercise are mainly dispersing.

The videos, in my experience, are useless, as the subtle movements take time to learn and require modeling by a teacher. Once the steps are learned gradually, they all fall together and become more and more seamless. And, no untoward stimulation of kundalini, as was the case with more intensive forms of Qigong many years ago.

posted Hide Post
Small wonder, then, that so many in the East begin their day doing these gentle, meditative movements.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,

Yes, it is also no wonder why those who practice Tia Chi, Yoga, and meditation tend to live longer as well.
I was inspired by an 85 year old male yoga instructor I met recently at a resort, not only due to his amazing flexibility and clear mind, but because he told me that he started at age 50 and could not even touch his toes then. Interesting that my mother who is 84 and was participating in his yoga stretching class along with me began having problems from her blood pressure dropping too low. It seems that the high blood pressure medication she was taking was no longer needed. It is a shame that most U.S. doctors tend to prescribe medication before prescribing more natural treatments.
Thanks for sharing some life extending information.
Jim

Posts: 11 | Location: traveler | Registered: 22 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<w.c.>
posted
More evidence for the aerobic benefits of Tai Chi:

http://tinyurl.com/flbzq

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tai Chi benefits

Tai Chi has a lot of benefits, most of which have already been listed by others. One of the most beneficial is that it increases ones sense of balance, and has been found helpful in preventing falls in the elderly.

=======
Kyle Leon Scam

Posts: 5 | Location: United States | Registered: 17 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Phil
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Elisa John.

Posts: 3956 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your welcome Phil Smiler

==============
Kyle Leon Scam

Posts: 5 | Location: United States | Registered: 17 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post